Personal data we process
Clingendael processes personal data about you because you use our services and/or because you provide these data to us yourself. Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Other personal data that you actively provide on this website, in correspondence, and/or by phone
If you are convinced that we have collected personal data without permission, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will remove this information.
How we deal with personal data
- When dealing with personal data, the Clingendael Institute adheres to the GDPR guidelines:
- We collect as little personal data as possible
- We ask your permission for the use of your data
- We explain why we need your data (i.e. for an event, training, research purposes, or - in case of cookies - for enhancing your user experience)
- We explain that we will not use your personal data for any other purpose
- We make sure no personal data falls into unauthorized hands
- We destroy or anonymize personal data once the activity has been completed
Why we need data
Clingendael processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Sending newsletters
- Contacting you if necessary to perform our services
- Contacting you if you respond to an open vacancy
- Clingendael analyses your behavior on the website to improve our website.
How long we keep data
Clingendael will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. Our retention period(s) are: a maximum of 7 years after the termination of the customer relationship.
Sharing with others
Clingendael only provides to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation.
Analysing website visits
Clingendael only uses technical and functional cookies and analytical cookies that do not infringe on your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember, for example, your preferences. We can also use them to optimize our website. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies. You can also delete all information that was previously stored through the settings of your browser.
Viewing, modifying, or deleting data
You have the right to view, correct, or delete your personal data. You can send a request for access, correction, or deletion to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that the request for access is made by you, we ask you to include a copy of your identity document with the request. We ask you to black out your photo, MRZ (machine-readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number, and citizen service number (BSN) in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. Clingendael will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks.
At Clingendael, we take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized modification. If you have any concerns that your data is not properly secured or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us (email email@example.com).